Doheny Days is proud to announce our sustainability practices for 2012!
Given the amazing location of Doheny State Beach, the environmentally conscious nature of Southern Californians, and our desire to simply do the right thing, Omega Events is implementing a variety of sustainability practices to reduce the impact that comes with producing an amazing event like Doheny Days.
To help us in our efforts, we have enlisted the help of Ecofficiency.Org, an Orange County based non-profit organization specializing in sustainability.
Check out our sustainability practices for this year’s Doheny Days:
• All generators powered by 100% bio-fuel
• Waste stations throughout the festival grounds will be staffed to ensure that recyclable materials and food scraps will be separated from landfill waste
• Polystyrene (Styrofoam) has been banned from the festival
• All food and beverage vendors are required to use eco-friendly service containers
• Cardboard from all food and retail vendors will be pre-sorted from waste in order to ensure their recyclability
• All portable toilets are treated and cleaned with eco-friendly supplies, and stocked with toilet paper made from 100% recycled paper
• Food scraps will be composted at Earthroots Field School in Trabuco Canyon
• All volunteer t-shirts are made from organic cotton
• Festival event guide is printed on recycled paper
• Festival wristbands are shipped via Greenline – bags that are 100% recyclable and compostable
• We encourage all festival attendees to car pool – not just to reduce our collective carbon footprint, but to reduce traffic congestion and noise pollution
• We encourage bicycling to our event by offering a FREE bicycle valet service through That Dam Mud Run
The Dunes – presented by Ecofficiency.Org – will showcase local organizations that are committed to making a difference in our community. Located on the beach surrounding the giant “Doheny Days” sign, booth space has been donated to each of the following organizations:
Check back for updates and further actions as we near the festival!